Monday 31 August 2015

Day 353...

SATURDAY 22.8.15 - I am thankful for... Discovering new music artists


*Picture from www.adamtakespictures.com

As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, my cousin and I went to see his favourite artist in concert tonigt. When he asked me If I wanted to come I was like yeah, why not. I love live music. Now I'll admit, I'd never heard of this guy, but my cousin assured me if I like the genre I'd like him. Being a muso (like a foodie but for music) I like pretty much all genres of music. Well except for maybe heavy and death metal, you can have that screamo music back thanks. Sure enough, it didn't disappoint! The supporting artist was a local guy named Mike Waters. Beautiful voice and excellent guitar skills, nothing else was needed. Reminded me a bit of Passenger if you know his music. The main event was a guy called Andrew McMahon, an American artist from Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin fame, if you know who they are (I didn't). His music is kind of alternative, indie rock I guess. He was even brave enough to come out into the crowd during his last song. I really enjoyed it, definitely my kind of music. Except maybe the part where I was accidentally head butted by a drunk guy, but oh well. Tonight I am really thankful for discovering new music and artists. Andrew McMahon, I think you have a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment