Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 307...

TUESDAY 7.7.15 - I am thankful for... The British Museum and Harry Potter Studio Tour!

I honestly couldn't decide between these two places I went to today so I am thankful for them both!


Ever since I was a little girl I have been fascinated by Ancient Egypt. All my school history assignments were on the subject and I researched interesting fact about the civilisation when I could (told you I was a nerd!). I was, and still am amazed by the ancient Egyptians; the people, the culture and their advanced technologies for their time. So needless to say when I visited the British Museum today I was like a kid in a candy shop! I've never had the privilege of seeing so many authentic artefacts before. There was also a exhibition about four different people in different social classes, detailing what their individual lives would have been like living in ancient Egypt. It was AMAZING!


Anyone who is a Harry Potter fan and has the opportunity to go to London MUST do the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour. The books came out when I was a child and I practically grew up with the movies, so it was a no brainer that I would do this tour whilst I was here. I arrived early (you are allocated a time to enter due to its high volume of visitors) so I decided to hit the gift shop first. A friend of mine who had been just days before did warn me that I'd want to buy everything. She was right. I. Wanted. EVERYTHING! Needless to say a big portion of my holiday spending money was spent in the shop, on myself and gifts for others. The tour itself is just incredible. You just walk through at your own pace. All the sets, costumes and props you see are originals that were used and worn in the films, no replicas. There is so much to see and do, including riding a broomstick and tasting butter beer (yum!) you almost feel part of the Harry Potter world. What a genius idea transforming the set into a museum of sorts. It will be enjoyed for many, many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment