Friday 28 August 2015

Day 341...

MONDAY 10.8.15 - I am thankful for... The kindness of others


*Picture from www.ww2.kqed.org

Oh boy, today was painful! I got home from work at about 3:30am and got up to go back for the normal work day at 6:30am. 3hrs sleep. YUCK! But that is part of what we do. Emergencies come when they come, no rhyme or reason to it and being part of the on call team means sucking it up and doing the best job possible at whatever time of the day. I told my colleagues I'd be a few minutes late to work as I let myself sleep in for half an hour. When I got to work my colleague had bought me a coffee and banana bread to help kickstart my morning. How thoughtful was that? I offered to pay her back but she refused. Even though by the days end I was absolutely wrecked, I'm thankful that my day started off with such a kind gesture. I'm very blessed to work with such wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment