Monday 31 August 2015

Day 351...

THURSDAY 20.8.15 - I am thankful for... My education


*Picture from www.ec.europa.eu

Education was (and still is) something highly valued in my household growing up. My mum, an aunt and an uncle are teachers and another aunt is a librarian. As a child I had to be on deaths door to have a day off sick because my mum thought school was so important. Now, as an adult I see the importance a good education is and I highly value it too. We are so very lucky to live in a country where every child goes to school. Some children probably don't think so because they find school boring, and because it's compulsory to attend, find a thrill in skipping school. That is such a shame because a good education really opens door for your future. This day and age both men and women have so many opportunities to follow a path of their choosing, something people just a few generations before us didn't have. Then there are those children in developing countries who can't afford to attend, yet would jump at the chance to learn something for their future. I am very thankful I was able to have a primary, secondary and tertiary education, all with the full support of my family. It was definitely not easy, but nothing is life worth having ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment