Wednesday 12 August 2015

Day 312...

SUNDAY 12.7.15 - I am thankful for... Spain


Bienvenida a Madrid! Welcome to Madrid!

I'M IN SPAIN!!! I can't believe it. I'm in another place I've never been on my epic adventure. Today started off on a sad note though. It was hard to say goodbye to my sister and her partner, I had such an amazing time with them and will miss them. Flight went smoothly and even though my cab driver didn't speak English and my Spanish is EXTREMELY limited, I made it to my hotel quite easily where I found this cute little message on my mirror in the hotel room. We had a meeting and met our tour manager this afternoon who gave us the overall picture of what was happening. And my roomie seems pretty cool too! A group of us decided to get straight into it and we headed into the city where we had a drink and a chat. I have to say, tinto de verrano (red wine in lemonade) may be my new favourite drink! Yum! All in all I'm thankful that my first day in Spain turned out so well. I have a feeling this is going to be a great tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment