Tuesday 25 August 2015

Day 330...

THURSDAY 30.7.15 - I am thankful for... My mum


*Stole this pic from my mum's Facebook, a few years old but I love it :)

Call me crazy, but I decided that with my leftover spending money I would fly to Brisbane for the weekend to surprise my mum. It was her birthday last week whilst I was overseas. Actually she was overseas too in Canada, but knowing work will be hectic when I get back I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to come back again. You might think I'm crazy because I landed back in Oz at 5am this morning, and flew out to Brisbane at 6pm tonight, after going home, sleeping, unpacking and repacking again all in about 10hrs. Even being delayed mid air (thinking GET ME OFF THE PLANE!) it was all totally worth it. She was really confused at first, after my sister called her to the front door claiming she'd found a "lost child". I'm sure a lot of people say this but to my sister and I, our mum really is the most amazing woman we know. She has dealt with more in her life than anyone should, yet still chooses to see the good in her life and be happy. She has also gone back to study in the past few years and is currently doing her honours whilst on long service leave! Her kind and compassionate yet disciplined natured has let her thrive in her job as a teacher of autistic and intellectually impaired children, traits that I have aspired to all my life. If I can be half the mum she is when I have children I will be happy. Oh and she is a great cook, I still can't get her chocolate slice recipe right! Oh did I mention she can sing? I could waffle on and on about how great she is, but there are not enough words to do her justice. I am so incredibly thankful this woman is my mum and that I got the chance to surprise her tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment