Sunday 16 August 2015

Day 315...

WEDNESDAY 15.07.15 - I am thankful for... The ability to walk


When I travel I love being able to walk as much as I can. That way you can go as fast or as slow as want, taking in your surroundings as you go and finding cool places you may not have seen if  you were on a bus or train. This morning our group did a walking tour of Granada; through Albaycin or the old Arab quarter, the Cartuja Monastery and Capilla Real, the royal church where Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain are buried. Then this afternoon we toured the Alhambra, a fortress come palace that boasts some spectacular architecture and more views. I can't help but think how difficult it would be to see and experience all these places without being able walk. I must have done over 20,000 steps today, easily! I am so incredibly thankful I was able to walk everywhere today. All these places I have been to so far have had the experience enhanced by walking as much as I'm able to.


No comments:

Post a Comment