Tuesday 18 August 2015

Day 317...

FRIDAY 17.7.15 - I am thankful for... Arabian Nights Dinner!

 
 
What a day! It's been amazing exploring the city of Fes in Morocco; a unique and eye opening experience. Whilst exploring the Medina or Old City we came across a carpet shop, leather tannery and lastly, a clothing store. Most of us took this opportunity to buy an authentic outfit for our Moroccan dinner tonight. For the girls, an Arabian princess looking costume in all different colours (I wanted teal but settled for purple when the gentleman couldn't find it - pictured) and the men a Djellaba (pronounced ja-la-ba; long gown) with a fez hat. I must say together we looked AWESOME! And probably pretty weird to the locals when we walked down the street in our outfits. Spot the tourists! The dinner itself was delicious and the entertainment quite good. I really had a good time doing something and eating foods that are a little different. I am very thankful to have had this experience with this group of people. I may not have done so otherwise if I had travelled without a tour, and would have missed out on something special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment