Sunday 30 November 2014

Day 85...

THURSDAY 27.11.14 - I am thankful for... Magazines


I can safely say that I've always loved reading. From an early age I remember reading the Goosebumps paperbacks, then progressing onto teen novels and mature reads such as Jane Austen, Shakespeare and the Bronte sisters. I think my favourite author would have to be Marion Keyes. Her novel are hilarious and moving at the same time. But when you just don't have time to read a novel, I like to read magazines. I'm really into the creative things you can find, fashion, food, photography, home and lifestyle etc... However, I'm not a big fan of celebrity gossip. I must admit it makes me sad because most of the time you read negative things abut their lives, things I know I wouldn't want splashed on the front page for the world to see. I realise that's part of being famous but I feel sorry for them in that way and don't wish to participate in anyone's misgivings, whether I know them or not. Recently I discovered Frankie magazine, it has all the things I want to read and the articles are about ordinary people doing great things, entrepreneurs, travellers and the like. No celebrity gossip. So I'm really thankful for finds like this, for magazines about things I'm interested in providing entertainment and light reading between novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment