Monday 3 November 2014

Day 60... Here already!

SUNDAY 2.11.14 - I am thankful for... Jacaranda Trees


I took a quick detour via home to do a load of washing before my bestie and I did a little sight seeing of Sydney before her flight home tonight. As I was hanging out the washing, my housemate's young daughter said to me excitedly, "Nikki, look at the purple tree!", purple being her favourite colour. I asked her if she knew what it was called, she shook her head, so I told her "It's called a Jacaranda Tree". You always know its spring when the Jacarandas start to bloom, which is a memory I have since being at primary school. The light purple flowers always look amazing in contrast to the green leaves of the trees around it and are found in many places around the world. There are several places here in Australia (that I know of) that have an annual Jacaranda Festival to celebrate. And did you know, the Chinese use the leaves to make a distinctive purple dye? There's your fun fact for the day. So I am thankful for beautiful and unique trees like the Jacaranda, that bring colour and life to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment