Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 283...

SATURDAY 13.6.15 - I am thankful for... Random acts of kindness
 *Picture from www.zazzle.com.au

As much as I love doing them myself, I love seeing people do random acts of kindness. It only has to be simple like picking something up that someone else dropped, opening doors for someone, carrying something for someone else. It can be the simplest thing that puts a smile on someone's face and makes their day. Today I saw a wards person taking an obviously disabled patient and their visitor somewhere in the hospital. The patient started singing a song, out loud, in front of everyone, and the wards person joined in. He too sang the song with the patient in front of everyone. He had no regard for what anyone else was thinking except the patient in his care. Wow. Just wow. It was truly beautiful and couldn't help but smile at the kind gesture. I am thankful for random acts of kindness and so glad I witnessed this one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment