Saturday 6 June 2015

Day 269...

SATURDAY 30.05.15 - I am thankful for... Great Keppel Island


Today, I was in paradise. We took the ferry from the mainland to Great Keppel Island, just off the coast of Rockhampton. The weather was perfect and the company couldn't have been better. My bestie's hubby thought it would be a great idea to trek to a more secluded part of the island. So we bush bashed for about 30mins then walked along beach for another 45 mins or so. Considering I had been in hospital a week prior and my fitness was gone, I didn't collapse along the way which is a positive, though I was definitely slower than the others. When we got there we parked ourselves under a tree and had a picnic lunch. I got to say, it was a fantastic spot and the trek was completely worth it. There were a few boats around but no-one else on the beach. After lunch, the three of us girls just laid under the tree and relaxed while he went fishing. I could have stayed on that beach, in that weather for a long time. We are so blessed to have the world's most amazing beaches right on our doorstep. They really don't get much better than this. Alas, the day did come to an end so we made our way back to the mainland, enjoyed a few cocktails during sunset and capped off the day with an amazing dinner. Couldn't have asked for anything more. I am so thankful I got o spend the day in a paradise called Great Keppel Island with some of my favourite people. I wish I could stay forever! Or at least a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment