Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 281...

THURSDAY 11.6.15 - I am thankful for... Hearing


*Picture from www.asme.org

Every time the fire alarm is tested at work I must jump at least a mile high. There is a speaker right above my test, and when the announcement is made that fire protection for the hospital are testing the alarm systems, it comes across really, really loudly. Then again, how blessed am I that I can hear the alarm. Hearing, along with the other senses is so crucial for us. Hearing allows us to be aware of danger like alarms, cars and other mechanical and electrical equipment. It allows us to enjoy music and shows. We can hear the voices and laughs from our loved ones. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be deaf, even partially. Though it is amazing that we have technology to assist those people to hear like hearing aids and Cochlear implants I am so thankful I have my hearing and for the devices that help those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment