Saturday 27 December 2014

Day 113...

THURSDAY 25/12/14 - I am thankful for... Christmas Day!


IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! My most favourite day of the year, hands down! So this was definitely an easy day for thanksgiving. We started the day with presents and our traditional ham, egg and eggnog breakfast at Dad's followed by more presents at Mum's, then off to my cousins place for the big family dinner. Even when we have family members missing, we still have quite a few people their to really make the day special. There's never a dull moment, and so much food that you are practically comatose for the rest of the evening, including this awesome piƱata Christmas cake my sister and I made. I'm so blessed to come from such a wonderfully close, extended family. My mum has always been close to her brother and sisters, so the cousins are also close. I can't remember a single Christmas where I have not been surrounded by family. That's my most favourite part of Christmas, being surrounded by my family. I don't know what I would do without them. Even living in Sydney with no family there, any one of them is just a phone call away if ever I needed.

Of course, my other most favourite thing about Christmas Day is why we celebrate it; it's the birthday of Jesus. The part of God who came to earth as Man to save the world. If you're not a person of faith I hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, but I won't apologise for what I believe to be true. Today is a great reminder of the person Jesus was; a healer to the sick, a friend to the friendless, a leader, a teacher, a humble man, putting others first. The greatest example of what we should strive to be, though we'll never achieve it. Today is a day that reminds me why we have Christmas in the first place and what we can do to try and honour him. I am thankful for Christmas, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment