Monday 22 December 2014

Day 108...

SATURDAY 20/12/14 - I am thankful for... Relaxation


I slept in this morning. Lazed around on the couch for a hour or two watching my mum's Foxtel. Walked up to the local shopping centre (which is now MASSIVE!) and did whatever I wanted, when I wanted in no time frame. I don't remember the last time I had a day like this. I have been feeling for the last month or so I just needed to take some time out and relax. I haven't had a proper holiday/time off for quite a number of months now and it was starting to take it's toll. It's particularly important to take some R & R around Christmas busy it is such an incredibly busy time. Don't get me wrong, I do like being busy. I couldn't laze around day after day as I would get bored. But today it was so nice to do that. To just take some time out and not do anything that required too much energy or comprehension. I think it's important for all of us to do so from time to time. When we look after ourselves we can be better to others. Looking after yourself is not selfish, actually quite the opposite. It has taken me a while to realise that and I'm glad I understand that now. It also helps that mum's couch is so comfy! I don't plan to spend my entire holiday like this! Probably just today really. But I'm incredibly thankful that I had this day to relax  and recharge. Looking forward to what the rest of the holidays have to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment