Saturday 20 December 2014

Day 105...

WEDNESDAY 17/12/14 - I am thankful for... The generosity of others

 
There are times in my life I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity that other people display to me and to other people. I have been a little slack this year and didn't do Christmas cards for people like a usually do this year. I must admit, time kind of got away from me! A really good friend of mine pulled me aside tonight at our church christmas party and gave me a cute little card. Feeling touched I said "oh wow, I feel terrible I didn't write you a card"... just as she produced a present as well! Doh! I felt so terrible! My heart sank as my slackness was out on full display. But of course, my friend being my friend shrugged and simply said "oh don't worry about it at all! I just love giving to people and I do it when I'm able to (she's a uni student)". Thinking back on it I see what she is saying, because I like to do the same for others when I can. The best and most satisfying form of giving is when you expect absolutely nothing in return. And when better to do that then at Christmas! I truly believe you can be blessed by giving generously to others with no expectations. I'm so grateful for that, and I hope the people in my life, especially this friend, is blessed abundantly for all she does, not just for giving me a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment