Saturday 20 December 2014

Day 107...

FRIDAY 19/12/14 - I am thankful for... Going home for Christmas


*Picture from Google images

As I was sitting the in airport waiting to board, as song popped into my head. "I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me..." Maybe because it's true! Tonight I'm writing this from my mum's place in Brisbane, home for the holidays. I have been looking forward to this for ages! Two weeks holidays with my family. I'm very blessed to come from a close nit family, immediate and extended included. I can't imagine not spending Christmas with family and find it sad for those who don't feel the same. This year is also extra special because, for the first time in about 15 yrs I will see both of my parents on Christmas Day! My sister and I will be staying over my Dad's place Christmas Eve, spend the morning with him, his partner and our brother, then back to mum's to head over to her side of the family. How amazing we have so much to do in one day! I'm also quite thankful for my boyfriend and good friend who dropped me at the airport this afternoon, it was such a lovely thing to do. And also that my luggage was the right weight, I didn't test positive to my regular explosives testing (I get picked EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!) and that my flight left Sydney and arrived in Brisbane without a hitch. I am so thankful for all these events that allowed me t be home for Christmas :)

2 comments:

  1. And to think you topped all that by having a birthday dinner with your godmother! You sure are one fortunate young lady. Loving having you home honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great dinner wasn't it? I loved being home :)

      Delete