Sunday 29 March 2015

Day 200... DOUBLE CENTURY!!!

SUNDAY 22.03.15 - I am thankful for... All day breakfast
*Picture from www.subway.com 

It was 1am and my phone rang. There was a STEMI (heart attack) and the team was being called in. So I went of to work and was home again and in bed by about 3:30am. Not so bad because being a weekend, I can just continue to sleep as long as I want to the next morning. Right? Wrong! At about 9am my phone went off again and I was back to work. I hadn't even got out of bed yet as I was still tired from the first call back. That case didn't finish until 12 midday and I was STARVING. I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before, and had done 2 cases already. Luckily we have Subway in the hospital. I was really craving an egg and cheese breakfast roll, but wasn't sure if they had stopped serving it because of the time. I went up to the counter and asked and the gentleman serving me said "we have all day breakfast for staff". WINNING! I was able to get my egg and cheese breakfast roll afterall. Good thing too because I was called again just before 3pm to come back in again, so luckily I was more awake and fed and ready to go. Got home about 6pm. Busy day! I'm thankful Subway has all day breakfast for staff. It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment