Tuesday 3 March 2015

Day 178...

SATURDAY 28.02.15 - I am thankful for... Random art work


This is what happens when you park your car in the wrong spot... Only joking! This artwork is situated in the middle of a roundabout in Walsh Bay, Sydney or the back of The Rocks near Sydney Dance Company where I do my Saturday Zumba class. I walk past it every week I go and I still think it's great. The piece is called 'Still Life with Stone and Car' and was created by American-born sculptor Jimmie Durham. It's quite striking and a little bit funny at the same time. Most people who see it for the first time can't help but let out a little giggle. I know I did. Especially as the face gives the rock more character. I do love seeing random pieces of artwork like this around the place. Depending on where they are, each piece can be open for interpretation; can mean anything you want it to. I guess that is the purpose of art. I am truly thankful it exists because life would be so boring without it.

On a solemn note, today is the last day of summer *sigh. Autumn is still a great season in itself, leading us towards Easter. I just hope it doesn't get too cold too quickly!




No comments:

Post a Comment