Saturday 14 March 2015

Day 189...

WEDNESDAY 11.03.15 - I am thankful for... Mindfulness exercises


*Picture from www.citycolleges.ie

Today was a really tough day for me. Physically and emotionally. I can't decipher if it was from reducing my medication again, or if I was actually unwell, or just so frustrated with myself I made myself sick. Either way, I found today to be quite a struggle. Quite the contrast to yesterday that's for sure! When you're in that state of feeling down, whether you know why or not, it can be very difficult to snap out of it. During my therapy sessions my therapist introduced me to mindfulness exercises. It's a form of meditation where you block out all your thoughts and focus on where you are at that moment. What you can see, what you can hear, what you can smell, what you can feel. Can you taste anything. It takes a while to master how to block out those other thoughts and feelings, but it's amazing the difference in your  state of mind when you do use it. Your mind becomes more clear and you think more rationally. Which is fantastic when you know that your feeling irrational! It took me a few times today but I got there and felt a lot better. I am thankful I have this tool to use on days like today, which I'm sure won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment