Sunday 29 March 2015

Day 199...

SATURDAY 21.03.15 - I am thankful for... Living on a budget



*Picture from www.keepingupwithmrsjones.com

I'm oncall again this weekend, so no Saturday Zumba for me. As I went to the shops to do my grocery shopping, I decided to walk around for a bit to get out of the house and do some form of exercise. I had a good look at things in all the stores, wishing for this or wanting that, or thinking 'ooh that's nice!'. As money is a little tight due to saving for my holiday, I didn't purchase anything besides my groceries. Then I thought, I'm glad I don't have the money to just buy things when I want. A crazy thought, you might think. We live in a world that values materialism. I myself would like to think I don't so much, but I still like nice things just like everyone else. Not having the money to purchase something is a great deterrent, well it is for me anyway. I think it's kind of nice to dream about nice things, without having them. Because at the end of the day, how much of it to we actually NEED? Besides, I would find the world a boring an unfulfilled place if I was able to have everything I wanted, because you'd always want more. So yes, I am thankful I live on a budget. I am thankful I can think about what I spend my money on, and make sure I make purchases on things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment