Tuesday 3 March 2015

Day 179...

SUNDAY 01.03.15 - I am thankful for... Downton Abbey :)



*Official cast photo from Season 5 from www.downtonabbey.wikia.com

YES! IT'S BACK ON! One of my best friend's and I absolutely adore this show. The sets, the costumes, the language, the masculine and feminine roles of early 1900's society are beautiful and interesting. I also quite like the British drama for it's subtlety within the drama itself, nothing seems overdone or over the top. The juxtaposition of the portrayal of the working class people along with aristocratic society also fascinates me. And of course the actors are very good in their roles. I'd say it's one of my favourite shows easily. When I'm in London I hope to do a day tour of Highcleare Castle (the main set of Downton Abbey). It would be amazing! So I'm thankful for good quality shows like this. Of course this is completely my opinion only and I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way. If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment