Thursday 30 October 2014

Day 56...

WEDNESDAY 29.10.14 - I am thankful for... The theatre


I just love going to the theatre! It probably stems from growing up in the dance community. Whether it's dance, musical theatre, drama, acrobatics, or contemporary pieces, I'll jump at the chance to go see a live show. Tonight my cousin, boyfriend and I went to see The King and I at the Opera House, my first ever show there! I'm not sure if it the ambiance of being in an iconic theatre or seeing a popular show in itself, but it really was a beautiful production. The set, costumes and make-up was amazing and the choreography was spectacular. Again, I could be biased as I really enjoy this sort of entertainment. With each show I see I notice different techniques in portraying the story, something unique and wonderful. I tune out to the outside world and become engrossed in the story. Those of you who enjoy theatre like I do know exactly what I mean. So I am thankful for the art that is theatre, for all the enjoyment it has given people for so long and will continue to do so for many generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment