Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 41...

TUESDAY 14.10.14 - I am thankful for... Rain


It is absolutely bucketing down here at the moment. Yesterday when I got home from work we had a freak storm that surged through with gale force winds and then about 5 minutes of marble sized hail. All I could think of at the time was "Holy hail storm! Don't damage my car!" Yeah, not so thankful then. The storm is back again tonight, minus the crazy winds and hail, just more rain. The truth is I actually love storms. One of my aunt's lives in a high suburb of Brisbane's South and we used to watch storms from her verandah. The electrical storms would provide the most entertainment. Storms in warmer weather are better in my opinion, you can smell the rain on the grass more easily. The cool breeze is more inviting. And who doesn't like going to sleep when it's raining? I certainly do! I understand storms can be devastating for some people, with the high category ones bringing devastation to people and properties. Obviously I would never wish that on anyone, but am mostly talking about the rain component. So I am looking forward to going to bed tonight, falling asleep to the sound of falling rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment