Monday 27 October 2014

Day 53...

SUNDAY 26.10.14 - I am thankful for... Pets


*Photo taken by my sister, Sarah

Ever since I was born my family has had pets. When we lived in Townsville we had 2 ginger cats, Rusty and Garth. Then, after we moved to Brisbane we got Butch, our beautiful, black cat who wanted to be EVERYBODY'S friend. After he passed away, mum found this cutie; a half poodle half lhasa apso pictured above, Monte. And most recently, my sister adopted a rescue tortoise shell cat whom she named Millie. Even when I moved out of home, my best friends who I lived with had a gorgeous dog who was impossible not to love. Unfortunately since moving to Sydney I have been unable to have pets as I rent an apartment. But when I go home to Brisbane, Monte and Millie are always there, excited and waiting to greet me. When we came back from the wedding I was able to be at home for a few hours before I left for the airport. Animals can always since when you're leaving and Monte sat at the bottom of the stairs giving me the sad puppy eyes. Then he let me pick him up for "cuddles", where he puts his head on your shoulder, like a child (It's so, SO adorable!). Pets bring so much love and joy into your lives. It's hard to imagine, as an animal lover, people who treat them so badly which makes me glad that there are organisations out there like RSPCA to rescue these animals. One day, hopefully in the not too distant future, I hope to live somewhere where I can have pets of my own. So I can bring joy into their lives like they will mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment