Thursday 9 October 2014

Day 35...

DAY 35 - I am thankful for... Childhood nostalgia

For my birthday my sister gave me a few very cool things, one of them was a Bertie Beetle show bag she got me from the EKKA, the Brisbane Exhibition. Everyone who has been to the show anywhere in Australia knows about Bertie Beetle, the little chocolate, goggles wearing beetle with coconut and honeycomb throughout. It is the most popular show bag sold here and I'm pretty sure that the Bertie Beetle show bag was probably my first one. This chocolate brings up a lot of happy memories from my childhood, especially of the EKKA as you can't actually get it anywhere else but in the show bag (if you can I don't know where!). Tonight my boyfriend and I went to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie . I used to LOVE the show as a child - I remember he song very well... "Heroes in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!". My sister and I also played with the figurines a lot, so needless to say I had high expectations for the movie. To my surprise I actually really enjoyed it. This makes me very thankful for the memories and the great emotions I can associate with these memories, and especially that I can enjoy them still in my adult life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment