Friday 19 September 2014

Day 16...

DAY 16 - I am thankful for... Photography


I had a few medical appointments this afternoon and inevitably the doctor was running very late. Whilst working in the field I appreciate that its very easy to fall behind as you see a multitude of patients, but as a patient myself and after waiting almost an hour you start to think "this is a waste of time. What's taking so long? Wish I could just go, have so much to do". However those thoughts, for me anyway, are fleeting but it got me thinking how most of us view our "time" as a precious commodity. Photos are and have always been my favourite type of artwork. They capture a moment in time that will never happen again, part of a story in your life. For my birthday I bought myself a swanky new DSLR camera and have been teaching myself how to use it. I LOVE how much zoom there is on the lenses! Coming from using the phone on my camera, its a bit of an upgrade. The picture above is of a beautiful tree that was near where I was staying for the wedding just past. I'm not sure what type of flower this is (cherry blossom springs to mind, but I'm not an expert, can anyone tell me?) but I just know at the time I thought it was beautiful, and will not stay like this for long. Almost everyone today in Australia has a camera of sorts to record life. Birthdays, weddings, holidays, fun times. I am thankful we have the technology to take a picture to represent a past event for the future. After all by doing so we are snapping a moment within the greatest artwork of all... life.

No comments:

Post a Comment