Tuesday 16 September 2014

Day 13...

DAY 13 - I am thankful for... Dance


Ever since I was a little girl I have danced. My sister also danced, as did my mother. It's in our blood I guess you could say. Of course, none of us went on to become professionals but that doesn't mean we all don't love it just as much. I have some of the most amazing memories made through my dancing group I grew up with, whom I'm still good friends with even though we are scattered all over the world doing various things! When I moved to Sydney I stopped dancing to really focus on my new job and career. It didn't take long for me to start to miss it. After about 18 months I started going to Zumba classes at Sydney Dance Company just under the Harbour Bridge, I LOVE going there! I love the vibe of the place, and if I go on the weekends I can walk around Circular Quay, through the Rocks markets and get a bit more incidental exercise. I also now do stretch classes there and aim to build my fitness to try a jazz or tap class again. I love the freedom dance gives you. I also love how my body feels afterwards. It incorporates both cardio and strengthening and you just feel so much better when you have good flexibility. I'm definitely feeling the difference now since before I stopped, I have a lot of work to do! But I'm still enjoying it and intend on enjoying it as long as I'm able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment