Sunday 26 April 2015

Day 227...

SATURDAY 18.4.15 - I am thankful for... Tributes


*Picture from www.coolchaser.com

A group of us went to see Fast and Furious 7 tonight. I'd say I'm a fan of the series so was really looking forward to seeing this movie. At the end of the movie there was a tribute to actor Paul Walker, who died during the filming of the movie. In my opinion, it was done beautifully. It made me think how important it is, sometimes for our healing process, to celebrate the lives of loved ones we lose. It was obvious that it was really important for the cast and crew to do this, for themselves as well as for the fans of the franchise. Of course, tributes are not just important for celebrities, but for anyone we love and care about. When I as 16, a friend of mine lost her life in a brutal and sudden way. At the end of our senior year at high school, her best friends decided to, during our school dance concert, to perform a dance to a song she loved. It was fun and laid back, just like she was, and really important for us to do as a loving tribute to her. I am thankful that such tributes exist as a way to celebrate someone's life, no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment