Saturday 4 April 2015

Day 205...

FRIDAY 27.03.15 - I am thankful for... Worship


*Picture from www.experiencinghope.net

Tonight for youth group we lead a praise and worship night. I was really looking forward to it as I hadn't done anything like it since becoming a leader. We did a variety of things; sang worship songs with a few of us adults leading the worship band, had a number of prayer stations some of which were a little interactive, played games together, read from the bible and lastly shared a meal together - Pizza! I'll admit, I was a bit apprehensive as to how the kids would engage with the different types of worship but to my surprise I needn't have worried. They all participated and really got into it, even the younger ones. It was incredibly special to show these kids that no matter how you worship, it all matters. We each have our own likes and dislikes, our own talents and misgivings. All God cares about it the purpose of our worship and why we do it, not how. I hope this group was able to appreciate that, I know I certainly was. I am thankful we were able to conduct this worship night and hope we can do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment