Monday 13 April 2015

Day 216...

TUESDAY 7.4.15 - I am thankful for... Parks


*Picture from www.weekendnotes.com

Where I park my car daily is about a 10 minute walk from work. On my way too and from work I walk past a park and playground. It's school holidays here at the moment and this afternoon I walked past a park brimming with people. There were teenagers playing on the half basketball court, small children being pushed on the swings by their parents, adults working hard on the exercise equipment, more children on the playground, a group of older people conversing on the park benches and the spare grass being used as a soccer field. In this part of Sydney there are very few houses, the suburb made predominantly out of apartment blocks. So this park space is really important for the residents in this area, especially the children, to have a space to be outside and enjoy it. I couldn't help but smile to myself to see the park being used exactly as it was meant to be. I am thankful for parks, for spaces where people can enjoy the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment