Monday 13 April 2015

Day 214...

SUNDAY 5.4.15 - I am thankful for... Easter Sunday


What does Easter Sunday mean to you? Maybe it signifies a day off work. Maybe it's a chance to have a family get together. Maybe it means working at double time and half wages. Maybe it means nothing to you. 

It is easy for me today to be thankful for Easter Sunday because, out of the entire Easter period, it is the most joyous day. It is the day we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Where Christians around the world recognise that Jesus, the son of God defied death - except Orthodox Christians whose Easter is next Sunday, but it's all the same. I was blessed enough today to wake up very early and watch the sunrise during our dawn service. Then we all headed to church where we shared a wonderful breakfast together, followed by our church service at our usual time. The weather today was nothing short of glorious, with the sunrise completely worth getting up at 5am for. That's why I had to include two pictures in this post today :) Today I felt completely grateful that I have God in my life, and honestly I could imagine not knowing him. I am even more thankful that he sent his son as a sacrifice for the sins of the world, even when his son didn't deserve it. Now, I realise that some of you reading this may not have faith in God like I do, and I thank you for continuing to read this up to this point. I am hopeful that you are still able to find some joy and thankfulness from today, no matter your beliefs or circumstance. Today is a great day to be thankful :)
 
He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment