Monday 6 April 2015

Day 209...

TUESDAY 31.03.15 - I am thankful for... Antibacterial hand gel


*Picture from www.kandodental.com.au

One of the things that's drummed into you when you start working in a hospital is the importance of hand hygiene. In fact, I remember listening to a 30min lecture on the technique of hand washing during my orientation. I thought it was a little excessive at the time. However, having clean hands is incredibly important when working with ill and immunosuppressed patients. Luckily, to make life easier for us all, antibacterial hand gel is pretty much available everywhere for us, attached to almost every wall. I constantly find myself using the gel as I walk past them, a good habit I think. So I am thankful that this hand gel exists and is readily available for us to use at work, and in smaller bottles to use everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment