Thursday 26 March 2015

Day 194...

MONDAY 16.03.15 - I am thankful for... Sunrise


My alarm went off this morning and I did not want to get up. It was a little cold and very dark. I contemplated texting my boss and saying, "I can't come to work today. My sheet have accepted me as one of their own and If I leave now I'll betray their trust" - actually I did end up texting that to her for a laugh. But like a good worker I forced myself out of bed and got ready for the day. The sun was just starting to rise when I was driving to work and as I parked my car, I saw the sunrise. The orange rays piercing through the clouds. It was still a little dark, as you can tell by the photo, but the sky was just beginning to illuminate. It was quite beautiful. I thought, if I had stayed in bed, even just a little longer, I might have missed this. Sunrise for me signals the start of a new day, where anything is possible. You don't know exactly what the day is going to hold but aren't we lucky we get to live it? I am thankful that the sunrise reminded me of how wonderful and precious life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment