Tuesday 3 March 2015

Day 180... Almost half way through

MONDAY 02.03.15 - I am thankful for... Kind patients


*Picture from www.moustachemagazine.com

We are so blessed to have such wonderful patients come through our clinics at work. Due to the geographical area, there are many patients who do not have private health insurance. Most of the time I feel they are just grateful for the service we provide as opposed to nothing at all. An elderly gentleman came to clinic today to get his device checked. He was lively and jovial. All of a sudden he jumped out of his chair and came straight towards me, reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of lollies and placed them into my hands. How incredibly sweet! My other two colleagues also received some sweets before he went on his way. I think some patients like to give little gifts like that as a token of their appreciation. Obviously we don't really condone this, just a smile and thankful is all we need to know we have done our job well, and I'd say that happens 99% of the time. I'm so thankful we have such wonderful, kind and appreciative patients. Of course, we service everyone regardless of who they are and how 'nice' they are, but a kind patient does make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment