Sunday 22 March 2015

Day 192

SATURDAY 14.03.15 - I am thankful for... Walking dogs



*Picture from www.thedogtrainingsecret.com

There's something a little special about taking dogs for a walk. Though I don't have any of my own, my boyfriend and I took his two dogs for a walk this afternoon. They don't know me very well yet, but they were nevertheless excited for walkies! Both were very well behaved, with only a little too much excitement when coming across other dogs. It was such a lovely afternoon so I think I enjoyed it as much as they did. Walking your dog is not only great for their health and wellbeing, but a way to spend quality time together. When I lived at home I enjoyed taking my mum's dog for a walk, though as a puppy he got so excited and used to pull so hard on the lead he'd almost choke himself. I miss having pets of my own and hope one day (preferably soon) I will be able to live in a house where I can keep pets of my own. Until then, I will just have to visit my boyfriends place more often to spend time with his dogs, something I am thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment