Saturday 17 January 2015

Day 129...

SATURDAY 10.1.15 - I am thankful for... My housemate!


Oh. My. Goodness. I am sick. Really sick. Bed bound sick. I don't know what this virus or stomach bug is but it really isn't welcome! And to make matters worse, it's stinking hot here today. So much so I decided to go buy myself a pedestal fan. I needed one anyway but seeing as my room has no air-conditioning and all I could do today was sleep/lay in bed, I needed one today. So I dosed myself up on Panadol and raced to the shops. Unfortunately, I couldn't assemble it before I was sick again and needed to go back to bed. Well it was a good thought anyway. After that sleep I woke up, came out to the lounge room and voila! There was my fan. Assembled and ready to use! My housemate had seen in lying in pieces in the lounge room and put it together for me. He said as I saw it "Oh I put your fan together for you if that's ok". I said a teary thank you (I get emotional when I'm sick) and took it back to my room. And as a bonus? He did the dishes too and didn't even say a word. What a champ! To him it probably didn't seem like much but I was sooooooooooooooo grateful for what he had done for me. The fan made a huge difference in the heat too. So I'm thankful for my housemate, that we get on so well and are able to do those small things that make a difference. I'm very blessed, and still reminded everyday, no matter how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment