Thursday 15 January 2015

Day 126...

WEDNESDAY 7/1/15 - I am thankful for... Daylight Savings


*Photo taken by me :)

Growing up in Queensland, the concept of daylight savings was quite foreign to me. Now, living in NSW for the past couple of years I'm not only used to it, but have learned to really appreciate it. I love the fact that in the summer, when it's most useful, you can finish work but still have hours of sunlight left to do things like go to the beach, go for a run/walk outside, just enjoy the weather. I enjoy going for walks after work and being able to do that at 7pm at "night" is really cool. It's still warm but you don't get sunburnt. A plus for me! One of the reasons I prefer Summer over Winter is the amount of time I can spend enjoying the weather. In Winter I wake up when it's dark, get to work when it's dark, leave work when it's dark. I hardly see any sun during this time, kind of depressing really. So daylight savings gives us here in NSW more time to enjoy the weather when we can, make the most out of each day, and I'm so thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment