Friday 24 October 2014

Day 50... It's going by so quickly!

THURSDAY 23.10.14 - I am thankful for... Zumba!


*I did not take this picture obviously, so apologies as the one I did take didn't work out at all. I need to make sure it's ok BEFORE I leave the venue, hahaha. But this has pretty colours in it so it's good for today's thankfulness topic :)

Having danced all my life I find that I enjoy forms of exercise that are fast paced, upbeat and keeps me moving - like running or playing sport. And if it's done to music even better. So when I first heard about Zumba I knew I had to try it! And since my first class about 4 or 5 years ago I have been going ever since. I find the dance steps easy enough but its high energy and awesome music make it very worthwhile for me. Mum and I used to go together on Monday night when I lived in Brisbane, and she still goes. I try and go to a class at least once or twice a week. Thursday night's class I go with two amazing friends of mine, and we have so much fun, the teacher is incredible! It's great having someone to go with because it keeps you motivated to go as well. At least one of us every Thursday afternoon will text the others saying "Zumba?". One of my favourite aspects about it is that it doesn't matter how good a dancer you are. You can be completely uncoordinated and still enjoy yourself. The trick is to just keep moving and don't take it seriously. So if you have ever thought about giving it a go then I definitely recommend it, if like me you love high energy fast pace exercise with music. Let me know how you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment