Saturday 11 October 2014

Day 37...

Friday 10.10.14 - I am thankful for... Inspirational Quotes


**NOTE: I did not take this picture but saw it on Pinterest and thought it was appropriate for today's post. I take no credit for this picture.

I knew that when I started on this journey of giving thanks for something different for 365 days straight, I would have days where it would be particularly difficult. Today is one of those days. I had a terrible nights sleep due to a migraine, felt exhausted at work all day then came home to lie down before going out again, only to get worse an not be able to make a BBQ and youth group meeting with awesome people that I was looking forward to. So whilst nothing particularly terrible happened, it was enough for me to lie there at the end of the day thinking "well this sucks" and feel sorry for myself. However, this is not productive behaviour so to keep myself occupied I was looking on Pinterest and I found the awesome quote pictured above. Have you ever read or seen something that just puts things into perspective? No matter how bad things are at the time, nothing lasts forever. It's about how you look at your situation and deal with it, make the most of it. I have been in that place where it feels like the whole world is against you many times mainly due to illness (I meant real illness, not this silly cold/allergies thing I have at the moment) and have always made it through. So after contemplating this, I suddenly felt silly for being all "woe is me, I'm slightly sick" and made me grateful of how blessed I am. It's good to have a bit of a proverbial slap in the face from time to time to see things clearly. I'm thankful this quote gave me mine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment