Thursday 23 October 2014

Day 49...

WEDNESDAY 22.10.14 - I am thankful for... Fundraising



*Apologies, I took this picture on my phone and it wasn't until I uploaded it to here I realised it's slightly out of focus! Oh well...

Picture this. I'm at work, doing my job, minding my own business when suddenly I walk past our front reception desk and BAM! There they are. A box of Fundraising Freddos and Caramello Koalas, with proceeds going to a public state school. And only $1 each.  Noooooooo! Who can resit that? Chocolate for a good cause. So of course I bought (and ate) one. There goes my diet! Tonight a group of us from church also went to a type of fundraising dinner in support of  our local religious education teacher/s. We had such a great night enjoying each other's company and learning about what's been happening with one of the scripture teachers and hearing positive stories from him. I believe fundraising is such a wonderful idea. Not only does it obviously raise money for the charity or organisation it supports but it gets people involved, get's them doing something more than just collecting money. So I am thankful there is a way that so many places can fundraise for themselves to provide monetary support where it's needed. And I'm thankful for the people who give the money in support of such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment