Tuesday 7 October 2014

Day 32...

DAY 32 - I am thankful for... the beach!


This has to be one of my favourite places on earth. For as long as I can remember I have loved spending a day at the beach. When I was quite young, my dad's family lived in a small town at a beach and nearly every year for at least a week since I was 12 or 13 years old, my family have been going to Rainbow Bay, Coolangatta. I asked my besties to take me to the beach for the day whilst I was there for the long weekend. The weather was warm and sunny (though the wind a little chilly!). The surf was quite choppy and a little nippy when you first got it, but we acclimatised quite quickly. Then we had fish and chips on the hill and looking out into the ocean, we were blessed enough to see 2 whales playing the distance! Unfortunately they were quite a way out so we couldn't take photos (my zoom wasn't THAT good) but still enjoyed the show anyway. There's just something so relaxing an calming about the beach for me, maybe because it's a natural and free place that everyone can enjoy. If you asked me what my favourite thing to do in the summer would be, I'd say go to the beach, no hesitation. I have to admit though, since moving to Sydney I have yet to explore many of the beaches here, so I'm open to suggestions! I have been to Manly and I love it there! So this summer I am going to make it my mission to go to the beach here more often, especially after work on the warm sunny days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment