Sunday 12 October 2014

Day 39...

SUNDAY 12.10.14 - I am thankful for... Children's parties



This afternoon following into tonight, we celebrated two birthdays and a christening at church. To mark these occasions all at once there was an awesome party! There was music, decorations, awesome food and fun games for each child (and some adults) to play. I really actually enjoyed helping hide lollies for the lolly hunt! The friends and family from church who organised it did a great job, and the parents of the children were so grateful. The mother actually made both cakes pictured above - a coco pop chocolate cake and a 'boat ramp' cake (yes, a boat ramp cake! I'm sure it's a thing now) - so incredibly clever! I remember being a big fan a parties as a kid (who wasn't?) but think I enjoy them now more as an adult because there is just something about watching the joy on a child's face when they unwrap the pass the parcel layer to find stickers in it or finding a single lolly that came from a $5  packet containing many. It's the simplest things that give them the greatest pleasure. You don't have to spend a lot of money, the prizes don't have to be fancy. The young children really don't care either way. It makes me think that there's something in that, finding pleasure in the small things. Some of the happiest people on earth don't have much. Just making your own fun and surrounding yourself with people who love you is so special and important. As an adult I have to keep reminding myself what's important and what really isn't. So I intent to use this as an example for myself for the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment