Thursday 28 May 2015

Day 255

SATURDAY 16.05.15 - I am thankful for... Freedom of religion


*Picture from www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk

We are blessed here in Australia, to live in a country where we are not persecuted for what we believe. There are many different groups of people with many different beliefs and ways of life. Being a devout Christian myself I see how important and special it is to practice my faith freely. Unfortunately, others around the world are not so fortunate, being isolated, ridiculed, tortured and even killed for having a different religion to someone else. I would like to think myself as more of a person of faith than a religious person, but faith and beliefs fall under the banner of religion in this context. I chose not to take for granted my ability to speak freely about God to anyone, anywhere. To own a bible and read it at my leisure. To attend church and worship with friends every week. It is so easy for me to do those things here, things that are important to me and part of who I am that it's hard to comprehend people doing these practises in secret so others don't find out. It's sad and cruel. I am extraordinarily grateful that no matter what I believe or anyone else for that matter, we can all believe freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment