Saturday 2 May 2015

Day 233...

FRIDAY 24.4.15 - I am thankful for... Inspirational stories


*Picture from www.amazon.co.uk

One of my colleagues at work lent me a book to read. It is called A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Carpenter and is a true story about a mother's journey with her autistic son in a time when Autism was relatively misunderstood and diagnosis and treatment not well established. Henry, as mentioned in the title, was the family's pet dog and was instrumental in the boy's progress during his childhood. If you haven't heard of it or read it, I highly recommend it. It is truly powerful and inspirational, about beating the odds and never giving up no matter the obstacle. Stories like this are so important to share because there are many people living and dealing with adversity on a daily basis. Those people need to know they are not alone in this world and can overcome there circumstance with the knowledge and help from other people. I also enjoy hearing about people succeed in life. It just warms your heart. Unfortunately the world is a hard place and all too often people go through great hardships, so it's always great to hear about people who rise above their circumstance. I'm really glad I read this book and many others that are true inspirational stories. Makes you grateful for all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment