Thursday 7 May 2015

Day 239...

THURSDAY 30.04.15 - I am thankful for... Comedy


*Picture from www.brixtonbuzz.com

I woke up this morning to a message from my boyfriend asking me if I'd like to go with him to a comedy show tonight. He'd bought the tickets so long ago that he'd completely forgotten about it until Ticketmaster sent him a reminder email. Thankfully I had no concrete plans so was able to go. It has been ages since I've seen a live comedy show so was looking forward to it. I had not heard of this comedian before, Noel Fielding, but my boyfriend is a fan.I must admit though, besides Ross Noble, Carl Barron and David Strassman I really don't know a lot of comedians. But I do know Noel Fielding now and really enjoyed his show. It was light hearted and took the mickey out of himself almost all the time. The content of his 'jokes' didn't stretch the boundaries into the inappropriate or offensive at all, at least not to me. In my opinion it was a great show and I'm glad I went. Comedy can be very hit and miss for both comedian and audience. However, laughter really is the best medicine so I'm glad there are people out there providing healthy doses of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment