Monday 25 May 2015

Day 253...

THURSDAY 14.5.15 - I am thankful for... Antibiotics


*Picture from www.articles.mercola.com

Healthy one day, sick the next. Woke up this morning with half my face swollen from full sinuses on that side. I did try going to work, but was sent away to the doctors before lunch. It is a yearly occurrence that I have sinusitis once or twice. I know the drill. Go to the doctors and get antibiotics. I'm one of those people who only takes antibiotics if it is absolutely necessary. Resistance to them is a very real, very big problem. However, due to my lack of immunity it is sometimes necessary and considering one side of my face was bigger than the other I'd say this is one of those times. Considering antibiotics, Penicillin specifically, were first discovered by accident by a Professor Alexander Fleming they are a staple in medicine today and very important in the treatment of nasty bacterial infections. Though I do believe restraint is necessary as to not overuse them, I am thankful that Mr Fleming discovered it and that I am able to take them and fingers crossed they take effect soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment