Saturday 15 November 2014

Day 72...

FRIDAY 14.11.14 - I am thankful for... Opportunities to help others


Today was not a great day at work. Certain things and issues, out of my control, had me completely frustrated and not in the best of moods. So I was really looking forward to doing some physical labour tonight, to work it out... literally! Our youth group went to the home of an older couple from our church to put up Christmas lights for them. It really was a lot of fun, and doing what we were doing, and spending time with great people really helped my mood and to let go everything that happened during the day. And of course the end result was so worth it! The best part, however, was that the couple was so incredibly appreciative and wouldn't stop saying thank you. The lady even baked a whole lot of goodies for us that we devoured afterwards! It's interesting that I'm writing this actually, because our devotion tonight talked about that when we do help the needy, we shouldn't go around telling others all the good things we do. But instead, to keep it secret, to keep us humble and not full of pride. So me advertising our works over the net in my blog is a little contradictory to that. However, I don't wish to boast about my works for others, but merely point out that helping others comes naturally for us as humans of conscious. It's good for the soul. And expecting nothing in return makes it all the better in my opinion. I am blessed and have more than I need, as well as people to help me out when I need it. So why would I not do that for others? I am thankful that I get the opportunites to help those in need, on a small or larger scale. The reward comes in seeing the blessing you can be to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment