Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 98...

WEDNESDAY 10.12.14 - I am thankful for... Celebrating the birthdays of others


There were several people I know who had birthdays today! I like to make a fuss for others on their birthday. It's a great time to celebrate that person and show how much you appreciate them being part of your life, no matter tp extent. Two of my colleagues, one whom is a good friend of mine, had their birthdays and were oncall, resulting in both of them being called in at 4am on their birthday. How cruel! Needless to say buying them a birthday coffee was the least I could do! I also decided to make a sign for my good friend to stick on our office door, pictured above, at 10pm last night only to realise that I was out of yellow ink, so green Minions it was! I think as we get older it not so much about 'presents', but when people remember and send you a text, a card, an email or give you face to face birthday message, it can make you feel so valued and really special. It doesn't take much to make someone smile on their birthday. And I've come to realise, as I elaborated in my very first blog post, that it's important to commemorate your on birthday, to reflect on the year you have had and focus on the next year to come. So I am thankful for the birthdays of other people in my life, for a chance to share them that I appreciate who they are and am thankful they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment