Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 90... Almost made the century!

TUESDAY 02.12.14 - I am thankful for... The little things that put a smile on my face


Today was a fairly uneventful day. Nothing particularly bad or exciting happened. Work went well, busy this time of year but nothing I can't handle. I am on-call tonight and I'm hoping for no call ins. Nothing as yet. But I usually go to bed early just in case. So I was turning everything off to go to bed for the evening, when I walked past my Christmas tree... There, sitting on one of the branches was my house mate's son's toy Batman, who must have put him there sometime this afternoon. From a distance its dark colouring and size make it hard to see, unless you know it's there. I only noticed it just then as I walked past. How adorable! I couldn't help but laugh and post a picture of it, as well as send one to my house mate. It also reminded me of something I saw at work walking back to my office at lunch time. There was a little girl spinning her younger brother in his pram as their mum talked on the phone beside them. She was making plane-like noises while he smiled and giggled (hopefully didn't get motion sick!). You know those little, seemly insignificant things that you might miss but are either really funny or touching? Like a certain YouTube video, or interactions between people when you're out, or a nice gesture. It's sometimes the little things that can really change your mood, brighten up your day. I am thankful I got to witness these two little things that put just a little spark in my day.

Nana nana nana nana BATMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment